- I am regularly invited to review submissions to journals relevant to my research interests. To date, these have included: Ampersand (Elsevier), Applied Linguistics (Oxford University Press), Corpora (Edinburgh University Press), Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (Oxford University Press), Discourse and Communication (SAGE Publications), Discourse Studies (SAGE Publications), International Journal of Corpus Linguistics (John Benjamins), Journal of Corpora and Discourse Studies (Cardiff University Press), Journal of Open Humanities Data (Ubiquity Press), Language Resources and Evaluation (Springer) and Text & Talk (De Gruyter).
- I have served on the scientific committee for the American Association for Corpus Linguistics (AACL) conference (2018, 2020), the International Computer Archive of Modern and Medieval English (ICAME) conference (2019, 2020) and the Inter-Varietal Applied Corpus Studies (IVACS) conference (2020).
- From 2015-2017 I was Series Editor for the CASS Briefings series at Lancaster University.
- From 2017-2018 I was co-organiser of the Research Roundup seminar series at Cambridge Assessment English, University of Cambridge.
- In 2017 I organised the Spoken BNC2014 Symposium at Lancaster University.
- From 2014-2015 I was co-organiser of the UCREL Corpus Research Seminar series at Lancaster University.
- Since 2018 I have run the Twitter account for the Centre for Language Education Research (CLER) at the University of Leeds.
- Since 2016 I have run the Twitter account for the British National Corpus 2014 project.
- From 2014-2017 I ran the Twitter account for the journal Corpora.
- British Association for Applied Linguistics (BAAL)
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL)