CorpusCast is the podcast about corpus linguistics and what it can do for society. Join Dr Robbie Love as he speaks with top researchers in the field to find out more about how corpus linguistics – the study of linguistic patterns in large samples of language – is applied in a diverse range of contexts including education, health and technology. CorpusCast is an official Aston University podcast, part of the Aston Originals series. New episodes are published on the first Wednesday of every month.
CorpusCast is available on the following platforms:
YouTube | Spotify | Apple Podcasts | Podcast Addict | Podchaser | Spreaker
CorpusCast is written and hosted by Robbie Love and produced by Sam Cook, Press and Communications Manager at Aston University.
CorpusCast is featured on the Superlinguo list of linguistics and language podcasts.
CorpusCast is supported by the following initatives:
- Sydney Corpus Lab at the University of Sydney, led by Professor Monika Bednarek, has launched a monthly series of blogs featuring transcripts of the ‘Quick Questions’ section from past episodes of CorpusCast.
- The Laboratory for Corpus Research in Applied Linguistics (CORAL) at Montclair State University, led by Dr Larissa Goulart, has created a collection of listening guides for past episodes of CorpusCast.
Episode 1 | Social Justice
- Guest: Professor Paul Baker
Episode 2 | Health Communication
- Guest: Professor Elena Semino
Episode 3 | Language Education
- Guest: Professor Pascual Pérez-Paredes
Episode 4 | Forensic Linguistics
- Guests: Professor Tim Grant & Dr Lucia Busso
Episode 5 | Marginalised Voices
- Guest Dr Mark Nartey
Episode 6 | Aviation Communication
- Guests: Professor Eric Friginal, Dr Malila Prado and Andrew Schneider
Episode 7 | Computational Humanities
- Guest: Professor Stephanie Evert
Episode 8 | Researching Discrimination
- Guest: Dr Mark McGlashan
Episode 9 | The Corpus MOOC
- Guest: Professor Tony McEnery
Episode 10 | Literary Linguistics
- Guest: Professor Michaela Mahlberg
Episode 11 | Legal Interpretation
- Guests: Professor Ute Römer and Professor Clark D. Cunningham
Episode 12 | TV Dialogue and Screenwriting
- Guest: Professor Monika Bednarek
Episode 13 | Online Communication
- Guests: Dr Dawn Knight and Dr Anne O’Keeffe
Episode 14 | The Survey of English Usage
- Guest: Professor Bas Aarts
Episode 15 | Political Discourse
- Guest: Dr Kwabena Sarfo Sarfo-Kantankah
- Guest: Dr Phoebe Lin
- Guest: Dr Kevin Jiang