- 2018: Visiting Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Post-doctoral Fellowship (Short-Term). ‘Updating AntConc for spoken and educational language data’, Waseda University (£8,363).
- 2021-2022: Principal Investigator, Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics (AIFL) Seed-corn and network funds programme. ‘Evaluating human and automated transcripts of speech recordings: implications for forensic linguistics’, Aston University (£6,000).
- 2020: Co-Investigator, Aston University Centre for Critical Inquiry into Society and Culture research fund. ‘Comparing media discourses of COVID-19 and HIV’, Aston University (£800).
Funded academic events
- 2021: Co-organiser, Aston Centre for Applied Linguistics (ACAL) research fund. ‘Aston Corpus Linguistics Symposium’, Aston University (£300).
- 2021: Lead organiser, BAAL/Cambridge University Press seminar. ‘Corpora in Applied Linguistics: Broadening the Agenda‘, Aston University (£1,500).
Roles on funded research projects
- 2018-2020: Research assistant, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). ‘The linguistic challenges of the transition from primary to secondary school‘, University of Leeds (PI: Alice Deignan).
- 2013-2017: PhD researcher, Economic and Social Research Council & Cambridge University Press. ‘The Spoken British National Corpus 2014‘, Lancaster University (PIs: Tony McEnery & Claire Dembry).
- 2013-2017: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Postgraduate Scholarship, MA & PhD (1+3), Lancaster University (£72,554).