- 2018: Principal Investigator, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Post-doctoral Fellowship (Short-Term). ‘Updating AntConc for spoken and educational language data’ (£8,363).
- 2020: Aston University Centre for Critical Inquiry into Society and Culture research fund. ‘Comparing media discourses of COVID-19 and HIV’ (£800).
Roles on funded research projects
- 2018-2021: Research assistant, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). ‘The linguistic challenges of the transition from primary to secondary school‘, University of Leeds (PI: Alice Deignan).
- 2013-2017: PhD researcher, Economic and Social Research Council & Cambridge University Press. ‘The Spoken British National Corpus 2014‘, Lancaster University (PIs: Tony McEnery & Claire Dembry).
- 2013-2017: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Postgraduate Scholarship, MA & PhD (1+3), Lancaster University (£72,554).